This Agreement is made between:
- James Veale Jewellery Limited, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08616216, whose registered office is at Unit 1 The Cam Centre, Wilbury Way, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England, SG4 0TW trading as Veale Fine Jewellery (”we”, “us”, “our”); and
- The Customer (“you”, “your”).
The Customer wishes to engage Veale Fine Jewellery for the provision of its Products and Services, and Veale Fine Jewellery is willing to provide its Services to the Customer, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
THESE KEY TERMS ARE HERE SO THAT YOU CAN EASILY UNDERSTAND OUR TERMS OF SERVICE. THESE TERMS MUST BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH OUR FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS DOCUMENT FOUND HERE.
1. Design and Copyright
All designs on Veale Fine Jewellery’s website and emailed from us are the company’s intellectual property. These designs must not be copied or used in any way outside of direct liaison with Veale Fine Jewellery. To do so would be an infringement of UK Patent Law and we would be entitled to take legal action.
2. By paying a deposit you are agreeing that you have been made aware of and adhere to the following information:
- Veale Fine Jewellery will not start to manufacture any item until a deposit invoice of 50% of the sale price has been paid.
- On receipt of the deposit payment, Veale Jewellery will start to manufacture the final design that was agreed between the customer and James Veale (itemised on the invoice).
- The deposit payment is non-refundable.
- The final ‘balance’ payment invoice will be sent on completion of the item and this is due to be paid within 7 days of the invoice being sent.
- You will be liable to pay the final payment in full before any jewellery is released.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards.
2.2 Time of manufacturing
- Made to order pieces typically take 6 weeks to manufacture from the point of the deposit being paid. Veale Fine Jewellery will always strive to meet all deadlines; but we reserve the right to take up to 8 weeks to manufacture any piece of jewellery.
2.3 Ring sizing
- Veale Fine Jewellery will provide access to a UK industry standard ring sizer and advise all customers on fit and/or how they can obtain a ring size estimate if the ring is a gift. However, the final decision on ring size is the choice of the customer and once it has been agreed and the deposit paid, the ring will be made to this given ring size.
- All finished pieces will be within a ¼ of a size (+ or -) of the specified ring size. Very slight variation will be inevitable in the manufacturing process.
- In most instances, Veale Fine Jewellery will adjust the ring size once on the house. Any further alterations will be charged.
- No resizing can be offered on full eternity rings, any full set rings and certain gemstone rings.
2.4 Loss or damage
- Veale Fine Jewellery is not responsible for the loss or damage of any item after the time of delivery. Each customer is responsible via their own personal insurance.
- Veale Fine Jewellery is not responsible for the loss or damage of any gemstones after the time of delivery. Any replacement of stones would be at our discretion and on a good-will basis.
2.5 Exchanges & Returns
- Veale Fine Jewellery does not re-sell any already worn pieces to ensure the materials in any sold item are in the true condition to when they were brought from trusted suppliers. Due to this and the fact that all pieces are ‘made to order’, Veale Fine Jewellery does not accept refunds on any item.
- If you are unhappy with the quality of the finish or the likeness to the final design, Veale Fine Jewellery will endeavour to rectify any issues within reason.
- Using discretion on an item-to-item basis, Veale Fine Jewellery would consider exchanging an item of jewellery for vouchers of the same value to be spent in-store.
- Veale Fine Jewellery will offer to post all items or collection in person can be arranged.
- All postage will be fully insured however any losses will be at the risk of the client.
- All UK deliveries are free of charge.
- International deliveries will be changed accordingly (prices may vary).